Dubai welcomes foreign tourists starting from July 7
The media office of the government of the Emirate of Dubai announced today, Sunday, that it will allow the arrival of foreign tourists starting from the seventh of next July, while the residents will be allowed to hold residency from June 22, Reuters reported.
The media office said that arrivals must submit certificates proving that they are newly exposed to detect the coronavirus and that they are free of the virus or undergo tests upon their arrival at Dubai airports.
He added that citizens and residents would be allowed to travel abroad from June 23.
foreign tourists are welcome again in Dubai
Dubai allows residents to return tomorrow and receives foreign tourists next month
Dubai allowed the return of holders of valid residencies from tomorrow, and also allowed the reception of passengers foreign tourists through its airports starting from July 7.
The Emirates Authority for Emergency and Crisis Management spokesperson, Dr. Saif Al Dhaheri, said that in a statement reported by the UAEVOICE – allowing travel includes setting some conditions and procedures, with the aim of limiting the spread of the new Coronavirus.
Al Dhaheri explained that:
- The procedures will be updated periodically
- It will be based on the developments of events and health status
Three categories for the updated procedures
Al Dhaheri said in a press statement:
- All Citizens and residents can travel to countries within the category (low risk) and travel is permissible permanently to countries within the category (high risk).
- A limited group of citizens will be allowed to travel to other countries within the category (medium risk) in emergency cases, that will be applied to maintain the necessary health treatment or visit the kinship of the first degree, or for military, diplomatic and official missions.
- Upon returning from travel, a Polymerase chain reaction 19 (PCR) examination must be taken at an accredited medical facility for those with any symptoms, within 48 hours of entering the United Arab Emirates.
The United Arab Emirates announced that all residents and citizens will be allowed to travel to specific international destinations, that will be according to some conditions and procedures as of June 23.
President, Dubai Civil Aviation Authority. Chairman, Dubai Airports. Chairman and Chief Executive, Emirates Airline & Group, HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, stated that “Dubai is Open. We are ready to welcome business visitors and foreign tourists to our city and country in July.”
Dubai is Open. We are ready to welcome business visitors and tourists to our city and country in July. pic.twitter.com/Q91vbEEidf
— HH Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum (@HHAhmedBinSaeed) June 22, 2020