Emirates carried out improved cleaning and complete disinfection of all its cabins as a precaution against the Covid-19. In line with the latest findings by medical experts that the Coronavirus is primarily tactile, Emirates Airlines has placed its greatest emphasis on surface cleaning.
These moves are in response to the latest developments in the outbreak of COVID-19 worldwide. Emirates Airlines takes additional steps that go beyond industrial and regulatory requirements. In order to ensure the health and comfort of its customers and provides them with confidence and comfort when planning their travel.
How is Emirates sanitizing its planes against Covid-19?
Emirates Airlines deal with Covid-19
- Promote cleaning and disinfection
- Emirates Airlines improved cleaning process
- Watch the video about the improved cleaning of Emirates Airlines
- Peace of mind over travel plans
- Helping loyal travellers maintain class status
- Monitoring and response protocols
Emirates offers travellers added peace of mind with enhanced cleaning and disinfection on all aircraft from Dubai regardless of route as well as fee waivers on travel plans. #FlyEmiratesFlyBetter https://t.co/84L8mmYSUt pic.twitter.com/eChwHzZACt
— Emirates Airline (@emirates) March 8, 2020
Promote cleaning and disinfection
- On all aircraft departing from its centre in Dubai, Emirates Airlines implemented enhanced cleaning and full disinfection of all rooms as a precaution.
- In line with the latest findings by medical experts that the COVID-19 virus is primarily tactile, Emirates Airlines have placed its greatest emphasis on surface cleaning.
On any aircraft that has found it’s suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case, Emirates will go further through a deep cleaning process that takes six to eight hours to complete.
So, The airline uses an approved chemical that has been proven to kill viruses and germs and leaves a long-term protective layer against new contamination of viruses, bacteria and fungi on surfaces, which is environmentally friendly.
Emirates Airlines improved cleaning process
The cleaning process includes a thorough wipe of all surfaces.
- From windows
- Drawer tables
- Rear-seat screens
- Seat controls
- Ventilation outlets
- Cabin upper cabinets to toilets
- Crew rest areas
All this is done in addition to other normal procedures such as changing seat covers for all seats, replacing reading materials, vacuum cleaner, and more.
Watch the video about the improved cleaning of Emirates Airlines
- On any aircraft that has been discovered to have transported a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case.
- Emirates will go further and perform deep cleaning and disinfection in a process that takes six to eight hours to complete.
- This includes removing the interior noise and overlaying the disinfectant in all soft furnishings.
- In addition, Replacing seat covers and pillows in the affected area. Air filters will also be replaced in the HEPA booth.
- All Emirates aircraft are equipped with HEPA air filters that have been proven to filter 99.97% of viruses.
- It also removes dust, allergens and microbes from the recycled air in the cabin and cockpit.
- Finally, helping to provide a safer, healthier and more comfortable environment for passengers and crew.
Peace of mind over travel plans
- Firstly, Emirates offers customers more flexibility, choice and value across its network.
- Secondly, With the ability to change their travel dates without change and reissue fees.
- Finally, This waiver policy applies to all booked tickets issued on or from March 7 to March 31, 2020.
Helping loyal travellers maintain class status
- Realizing that some of its members will affect by travel restrictions and reduced flights.
- As well as, Emirates Skywards offers its Platinum, Gold and Silver members the ability to maintain their current status.
- By meeting 80% of their travel requirements at the level between March 31 and June 30, 2020.
- In addition, Skywards members who booked for travel between March 1 and June 30, 2020.
- Eventually, They will be able to benefit from an additional bonus of 20% of the Miles category.
Monitoring and response protocols
- The safety and well-being of customers and employees is a top priority at Emirates Airlines.
- Since January, the airline activated its emergency response team to monitor daily developments related to the outbreak of COVID-19.
- As well as, maintain contact with all relevant health and regulatory authorities, and ensure the airline’s appropriate current response.
Emirates Airlines continues to work closely with all of its partners and stakeholders in the industry, to ensure travellers continue their journeys while ensuring that their well-being and comfort remain at the forefront.