One million Arab coder initiative for beginners
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President of the United Arab Emirates, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai launched the One Million Arab coder initiative. It is an educational platform that provides free training programs for individuals interested in developing their digital skills.
One million Arab coder initiative
This initiative, the largest of its kind in the Arab world, aims to empower one million Arab youth with the basic skills required for the job market by learning the language of the future through the most sought-after tracks in the field of coding. The One Million Arab coder initiative is the largest programming project. It seeks to train a million Arab youth in coding and its technologies. It also keeps pace with the rapid development in computer science and software.
- The initiative does not require having prior programming experience.
- The first stage of batch training is for beginners.
- Any person of Arab nationality or of Arab origin who lives in any country in the world can apply to participate as a student or as a coach.
- To be able to understand the content of the initiative, you must be at least 13 years old.
- You will need a computer to apply what you will study with the program.
- You will also need an internet service to be able to watch videos and participate in the discussion forum.
- If you want to participate in the Android program, you will need to run “Android Studio”.
The “One Million Arab coder initiative aims to:
Teaching a million Arabs the language of the “modern era” in addition to consolidating the idea of giving knowledge and preparing thousands for the labour market by providing them with job opportunities in the modern technology sector. It also providing specialized scientific training to help them master the coding language to be fully prepared to deal with high efficiency with all the requirements of the digital economy.
The initiative tries to stand up to unemployment prevailing in the Arab world by opening hundreds of thousands of job opportunities for young people, training and enhancing their knowledge and enabling them to use their skills and direct them to serve future needs.
The stages of the initiative:
The “One Million Arab coder” initiative consists of three phases that will be implemented over two years.
The first stage:
The affiliation stage and the choice between the Arab trainees or trainers category, by registering on the online platform and filling in the information on the website www.arabcoders.ae.
The second stage:
Associates will take the “Coders Challenge” test, and at this stage, the best 1000 students will be selected. It will also qualify them to obtain certificates and participate in an advanced course in the field of coding.
The Third stage:
The top 10 students chosen for the first winner to receive the grand prize of $ 1 million; the other nine students will each receive a reward of $ 50,000. As well as, the category of trainers must register on the platform as a programming language trainer and download the educational material on their own page.
- Obtaining training and accredited certificates online.
- The best students can obtain grants for internationally accredited training programs.
- Get the advantage of joining the initiative’s job platform to advance your career.
- Awards for the best four teachers chosen by students by voting.
- Finally, $1 Million Prize for Best coder, and $ 50,000 for Top Ten.