The United Nations (UN) Convention on Migratory Species (CMS) extended partnership with UAEs’ Environment Agency-Abu Dhabi (EAD) as a Migratory Species Champion. In addition to its contributions to the conservation of medium-sized marine mammal Dugong and African-Eurasian birds of prey.
UN Agency Honours UAE for Protecting Migratory Species
United Arab Emirates’ Environment Agency-Abu Dhabi (EAD)
- Scientists from the Environment Agency Abu Dhabi have been tracking migratory species with satellites since the mid-2000s.
- The Convention on Migratory Species and the UAE will continue initiatives to protect dugongs and other threatened species of wild animals after the extension of an important agreement.
The United Nations Convention on Migratory Species (CMS)
The Secretariat of the (CMS) and Environment Agency Abu Dhabi (EAD) have extended their decade long partnership for
- The conservation of species like the dugong, marine turtles and many migratory birds in the region.
13th Meeting of the Conference
- Following the signing of a partnership agreement on the opening day of the 13th Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention.
- Which takes place in India until 22 February 2020.
- The CMS Office – Abu Dhabi will continue its UAE operations for another four years.
Dr Shaikha Al Daheri, secretary-general of EAD said:
The partnership has given the UAE a strong and clear voice on the international stage.